Preparing for a NDIS plan reassessment can help participants get the most out of their meeting with their NDIS planner. Here are some steps that NDIS participants can take to prepare for their NDIS plan reassessment:
- Review your current NDIS plan: Before the reassessment, review your current NDIS plan to refresh your memory on the goals you set and the supports you currently receive. This will help you identify any changes that need to be made to your plan.
- Identify any changes in your circumstances: If there have been any changes in your circumstances since your last plan was developed, make a note of these changes. This could include changes in your health, living arrangements, or support needs.
- Think about your goals: Take some time to think about your goals and whether they have changed since your last plan was developed. Consider what you want to achieve in the coming year, and whether your current supports are helping you work towards those goals.
- Consider any challenges or issues you have faced: Think about any challenges or issues you have faced in the past year that may have impacted your progress towards your goals. This could include any barriers to accessing services or any issues with your current supports.
- Prepare questions for your meeting: Write down any questions you have for your planner. This could include questions about specific services or supports, funding allocation, or any changes to your plan.
- Gather feedback from your support network: Speak with your family, support coordinator, support workers and therapists to get their feedback on your progress and any changes they think should be made to your plan.
- Keep a record of your meeting: During your meeting, take notes on any changes to your plan and any agreements that are made. This will help you to keep track of the changes that are being made to your plan.
By following these steps, NDIS participants can be well-prepared for their NDIS plan reassessment and ensure that they get the most out of their meeting with their NDIS planner.